E commerce describes the use of electronic mediums to carry out transactions. Generally, it refers to sales of products or services using the internet. Someone who uses this medium is known as a cyberconsumer.
The rise in E commerce has occurred because of the increase in accessibility. It also enables businesses to consult users, be responsible for an electronic catalogue, have access to point of sales, have management of product availability, have an online payment function, and manage after sales services.
Most online stores include the following elements:
– A search engine which makes finding products much easier via the use of keywords.
– An online catalogue that lists products for sale and their price. Sometimes there’s even an option to display availability and filter by various requirements.
– A virtual cart system is considered to be the heart of E commerce systems. This element enables you to trace purchases along the way and change quantities for each product.
– Online payments are made secure with encryption and can be trusted by a third party such as a bank.
– The ability to track orders is possible. Users can track the processing of the order all the way up to it being dispatched, and often customers are provided with shipping information.
Many E commerce systems allow you to have full control of your online store. The system allows businesses to organise their online offerings, add and remove products, modify prices and have access to the management of client orders.
The advantages of these websites are exceptional. Web Consultancy use the most accessible E commerce platform, Woocommerce. It powers some of the largest online stores, helping businesses sell many types of products.
A major benefit of Woocommerce is it works with most websites made in WordPress. This makes expanding much easier. Like WordPress, it also puts the power in the hands of the business, allowing them to make changes themselves with ease.
If you would like to see the benefits of having your own E commerce website, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us, here at Web Consultancy.